Soil Binders work by holding down and binding soil particles. Site soil type will dictate appropriate soil binders to be used.
Soil binders are grouped into the following categories:
- organic-based (both short and long term)
- polymeric emulsion blends
- cementitious based
RST is our preferred supplier and further information on their binder technologies can be found at https://www.rstsolutions.com.au
- Soil Binders can be used for short-term, temporary stabilisation of soils on both mild and steep slopes to reduce wind and water erosion.
- They are often used in areas where work has temporarily stopped, but is expected to resume before revegetation can become established.
- Binders are also useful on stockpiled soils or where temporary or permanent seeding has occurred.
- Will not prevent erosion during heavy rainfall.
- Cannot be applied to just any surface.
- Not suitable for use in heavily trafficked areas.
- More than one treatment is often necessary.
Book a meeting with one of our friendly team members to discuss pricing.